This article describes how to add new users to a data room so that they can access files and folders in the data room.
Who can add users to a data room?
Adding new users to a data room is done by the room administrators of the respective data room.
User managers can add new users in DRACOON, but they do not have the right to add users to a data room (unless they are also a room administrator in the data room in question).
Add one or more users to a data room
- Open the data room to which you want to add users. You must be a room administrator in this room.
- Click the button to the right of the path navigation bar and then click Permissions in the menu.
- Click Authorize User in the right sidebar.
- The Authorize User dialog box appears.
- Select the desired permission level for the new room users from the three defaults:
If you want to set special permissions that differ from the three defaults Edit, Read, and Room Administrator, you can do this after adding the users to the data room.
Example: The users should have all permissions of the Edit level, but not the permission for file requests.
In this case, to add users, first select the default Read permission level, as it is the most restrictive.
- Select the desired users you want to add to the data room with the permission level selected above. If you type part of the username you are looking for in the Select user field, the matching users will be displayed for selection - just click the desired user to select it. Repeat this for all other desired users to be added to the data room.
- Click the Authorize button. The selected users are added to the data room with the selected permission level and can use it from now on.
Users are automatically notified immediately notified by e-mail, that they have gained access to the data room (unless they have deactivated this notification disabled).
- If a user has access to a data room, he does not automatically have access to subordinate data rooms of this data room. Access rights must be assigned separately for subordinate data rooms, unless the room administrator of the subordinate data room has activated the setting Take over access rights from parent data room for this data room.
- If a user is also authorized to access the data room via a group membership, the user in the data room also receives the authorizations of the group in addition to the authorizations explicitly assigned to him.
- Quickly add users to multiple data rooms
If you want to add a user to multiple data rooms, DRACOON provides a convenient way to do this so that you do not have to perform the authorization separately for each desired data room.
Add users to multiple data rooms
- Authorization of groups instead of individual users
If you have many users and a data room is to be used by multiple users, it may be advisable to group users together and then assign data room permissions to entire groups instead of authorizing each user individually to the same data room.
Add groups to a data room