This article describes how to remove an existing data room user or group from a data room so that they can no longer access the data room.
Who can remove users and groups from a data room?
The removal of users or groups from a data room is done by the room administrators of the respective data room.
User managers can remove (delete) users from DRACOON completely, but they do not have the right to remove users only from a specific data room (unless they are also a room administrator in that data room). In the same way can Group managers Remove (delete) groups from DRACOON completely, but are not allowed to remove only one previously authorized group from a data room (without deleting the group).
Remove a user or group from a data room
- Open the data room from which you want to remove the user or group. You must be a room administrator in this room.
- Click the button to the right of the path navigation bar and then click Permissions in the menu:
- You are now in the user selection for the data room. However, if you want to remove an entire group from the data room rather than individual users, click on the Groups tab:
- Select the user or group you want to remove from the data room.
To quickly find the user or group you are looking for, enter part of the user or group name you are looking for in the Find user or Find group field above the list.
- Click Revoke Access Right in the right sidebar.
- Confirm the security message by clicking Revoke.
- The user or group is immediately removed from the room and can no longer access data in the room (unless the removed user is still a member of a group that is entitled to the room).
Each data room always needs at least one room administrator. If there is only one room administrator in the data room, this cannot be removed from the room, as long as another user or another group was not appointed also to the room administrator (this other user or the other group may have no expiration date). DRACOON shows if necessary an appropriate message if was tried to remove the only room administrator from a room. You can determine all room administrators in a data room by filtering the user and group list in the data room permissions. To do this, select the entry Room administrators in the second drop-down field above the user or group list: