This article describes how to add users and groups to multiple data rooms with one action. This is useful if you are a room administrator in multiple data rooms to which you need to add new users or groups and want to avoid performing the authorization for each data room individually - this way you save time and reduce administrative overhead.
Who can add users and groups to multiple data rooms?
Adding new users and groups to data rooms is done by the room administrators of the respective data room. Therefore, you can add users and groups only to those data rooms in which you are a room administrator.
Users who do not have the global permission See all users cannot use the method described below to add users and groups to multiple data rooms. to multiple data rooms.
Add users and groups to multiple data rooms
- Click All Files in the left sidebar or path navigation bar to view the top level of your DRACOON.
You must be at the top level of your DRACOON to add users/groups to multiple data rooms at once.
- Click the button to the right of the path navigation bar and then click Permissions in the menu: A dialog box opens that consists of three steps.
Step 1: Select data rooms
- In the first step Select data rooms select all desired rooms to which you want to add users or groups: To select a data room to which you want to add users or groups, click the plus button to the right of the desired data room:
Wf no plus button is displayed for a data room, you are not a room administrator in that room and therefore cannot add users or groups to it.
To quickly find a desired data room, enter part of the data room name in the Search data rooms field above.Your selected data rooms are listed below the table.
You can select a maximum of 20 data rooms. If you want to add users/groups to more than 20 data rooms, select the first desired 20 first and repeat the action later after the users/groups have been added to the first 20 data rooms.
- Click Next at the bottom right of the dialog box.
Step 2: Select users, groups and access rights
- In the next step Authorize users and groups select the users and groups that should be added to the selected data rooms with the desired access right: In the Access right for new room users field, select the desired access right from the three defaults:
If you want to define special permissions that differ from the three defaults Edit, Read and Room Administrator, you can do this after adding the users or groups to the data room.
Example: The users should have all permissions of the Edit level, but not the permission for file requests.
In this case, first select the default Read permission level, as this is the most restrictive.
Replace already existing permissions: Note that any existing access rights of the selected users or groups in a selected data room will be replaced by the newly defined access right.
Example: If a certain user was already a room administrator in one of the selected data rooms before, and you now select the Read access right, this user will then no longer be a room administrator in the room, but will only have Read access to it.
- Select the desired users as well as groups you want to add to the selected data rooms with the access right selected above.
If you type part of the user or group name you are looking for in the Users and groups field, the matching users or groups will be displayed for selection (groups can be recognized by the icon ). Simply click the desired entry to select it. Repeat this for all other desired users or groups to be added to the selected data rooms.
Users and groups that you have selected are displayed below the selection field.
You can select a maximum of 50 users and 10 groups. If you want to add more users/groups, select the maximum possible number first and repeat the action later after the first maximum possible selection of users/groups has been added to the data rooms.
- If you have selected groups: Activate the Check new group members checkbox if you want to avoid that new group members, who are added to the selected groups by the group manager afterwards, get immediate access to the selected rooms and should instead be checked individually by you or another room manager before they are allowed to access the rooms.
More information about this setting
- Click the Authorize button. The selected users and groups are added to the selected data rooms with the selected access right and can use them from now on.
Step 3: Check summary
- A summary of the authorization action is displayed, from which you can see which access rights were successfully granted and which were not.
Failed permissions: For example, a permission to a particular data room might fail if it meant that there was no longer a room administrator in the room.
Example: A data room previously had only one room administrator. You had now specified that this user should only have the Edit access right in this room in the future. This change to the access right fails, since there would then no longer be a room administrator in the data room (every data room must have at least one room administrator).