This article describes how you, as a room administrator, can ensure that users who are subsequently added by the group manager to a group authorized to access the data room do not receive automatic access to the data room, but must first be approved by you individually. This is made possible by the Check new group members option, which you can activate for each group in the data room if you wish.
Who is allowed to control access of new group members to a data room?
Access control of new group members to a data room can be done by the room administrators of the respective data room.
Group managers can add new users to groups, but the final approval as to whether these new users are then allowed to access the previous data rooms in the group is up to the room administrators of the respective data room (as long as they have enabled the Check new group members option for the respective group in the data room).
Activate or deactivate the setting "Verify new group members" for a group in the data room.
You can either activate the "Verify new group members" setting immediately when adding a group to the data room or change the setting for a group that already exists in the data room afterwards.
- Open the data room where you want to change the access control of new group members.
- Click the button to the right of the path navigation bar and then click Permissions in the menu:
- Click on the Groups tab.
If you want to add a new group to the data room and enable access control for new members right away:
- Click Authorize Group in the right sidebar.
- The Authorize Group dialog box appears. Activate the Check new group members button.
If you want to subsequently activate or deactivate access control for new members for a group that already exists in the data room:
- Select the desired group in the list.
- In the right sidebar, activate or deactivate the New group members: check box.
Approve or reject new group members in a data room
- If the Check new group members setting is activated for a group in the data room (see above) and the group manager later adds a new user to this group, the new user is not allowed to access the data room immediately. Instead, each room administrator of the applicable data rooms to which the group is authorized to access is shown a corresponding task in the top right of the DRACOON Web App.
- Click the task.
- The corresponding data room opens and in it the Permissions > New Group Members section. There, all users are listed that the group manager has recently added to a group that is authorized to access the data room. However, the new group members are not yet allowed to access the room immediately, but must first be approved by a room administrator and can also be rejected.
- If you want to allow a new group member access to the data room:
Click the Authorize button in the row of the user in question: If you do not want to allow a new group member to access the data room:
Select the user in question and click Reject User in the right sidebar:
You can later authorize a user that you initially rejected. If necessary, call Permissions > New Group Members in the data room and click Authorize for the previously rejected user..