This article describes what favorites in DRACOON are and how to use them in the DRACOON Web App.
Topics of this article
What are favorites in DRACOON?
- Favorites in DRACOON are certain data rooms, folders, or files that you have added to your personal favorites list in DRACOON.
- Favorites are used for quick access to frequently used data rooms, folders, and files. They also facilitate direct access to items that are located in a deeply nested structure of subrooms and subfolders and could otherwise only be reached with additional effort (multiple navigations to the target).
- Your favorites list can contain folders and files from any data room you are authorized to access.
- Your favorites list is available not only in the DRACOON Web App but also in DRACOON for Outlook, iOS, and Android.
- Your favorites list is private and can only be viewed by you. Also, room administrators and DRACOON managers have no access to it.
- In the left side pane, click Favorites.
- The list of your favorites is displayed.
- Under each favorite, the location (path) of the favorite element is displayed, which shows its location within DRACOON. You can click the path to get there immediately.
- To switch to a favorite data room or folder and open it, click its name or double-click its row.
For favorite files, clicking the file name opens the details view of the file. Select a favorite file to see actions for and information about the file in the right side pane.
Use Search when you're in favorites to quickly locate a favorite you want—especially if you have many favorites. In the search field at the top, type a part of the room, folder, or file name you're looking for from your favorites, and press ENTER.
If you can no longer find a particular favorite, it could be that the favorite item has been deleted by another user in the meantime or that you no longer have access permission to it.
Add to favorites
- In the file list, point to the data room, folder, or file you want to add to your favorites.
- Click the star that appears to the right of the item name.
- The star will now be displayed as filled in, indicating that you have added the item to your favorites.
- You can also add a file to favorites from its details view. To do this, click the star displayed to the right of the file path in the details view.
- You can also right-click a file in the file list and then click Add to favorites in the context menu.
- To add multiple files to your favorites at once, highlight the files you want, and then click Add to favorites in the right side pane.
Remove from favorites
- In the file list, point to the data room, folder, or file you want to remove from your favorites.
- Click the filled star that appears to the right of the element name.
- The star is now no longer filled in but only displayed with an outline, indicating that the item is no longer in your favorites.
If a favorite item is deleted (e.g. by another user) or you no longer have access permission to it, the item is automatically removed from your favorites.
Article is closed for comments.