This document gives you a quick overview of the most important user interface elements and control designs of the DRACOON Web App.
Topics in this article
On the top right you can find a circled button with an arrow. When clicking on it, a menu to upload files or full folder structures (Please note: Internet Explorer does not support folder upload).
Alternatively you can upload files using drag & drop.
More information on uploads
On the left menu you can always access the main sections of the DRACOON Web App:
- All files: All data rooms, folders and files you can access or manage
- Favourites: Your bookmarked favourite data rooms, files or folders
- Links: List of created shares and file requests
- Uploads: List of files and folders, which are currently being upload or have recently been uploaded
- Settings (only visible when required permission available): User and group management, DRACOON system configuration
To save space, the left menu can be hidden by clicking on (bottom right)
List view with paging
In the list view all elements of the active section are displayed in a table, e.g. data rooms, folders or files, your favourites or all users.
For data rooms, folders and files the following icons are used:
For image and PDF files a thumbnail is displayed as icon of the element.
Open data rooms and folders
Double click on any part of the row of a data room or folder to open it. Alternatively you can click directly on the name of a data room or folder.
By clicking on the column head, you can change the sorting of the list. Click on the same column head again to invert the order.
If you click twice on the column head Size, you can identify which elements use the most disk space:
For a list with multiple elements, the content is split on multiple pages. On the bottom right of the list you can find the current page number and the total count of pages. Click on the arrows and on the right of the paging, to scroll to the next page.
Edit total number of elements per page
By default, 25 elements (e.g. files) are displayed per page.
If you want to display more elements per page to scroll less:
- Click on the top right on your profile picture.
- Click on Manage profile.
- Click on tab View.
- Set Elements per page to the desired value, e.g. 100.
The path bar above the list view shows in which data room or folder you are currently in within your DRACOON. This room or folder will be displayed on the right and bold. Example:
You can return to the parent room or folderm by clicking on the penultimate item. Further you can click on any part of the path to reach the corresponding data room or folder directly.
In the right menu all information related to the selected item is displayed.
If you have the required permission, you can edit several settings directly (e.g. expiration date). For image files you can find a small thumbnail on the bottom right corner.
If no item is selected, commands to create new elements (e.g. new data room or folder) are displayed.
Commands for selected elements
There are three different ways to view commands for selected items:
- On the right menu the most needed commands are displayed.
- All commands for a specific element can always be found in the context menu, which appears by right clicking on an element:
- The same menu opens on click on the three dot button next to the element, while showing the most needed commands (here Share) as a quick access button next to the menu:
On mobile devices with touch control this is the preferred way to open commands for an element.
Commands for open data rooms or folders
To display available commands for the currently open data room or folder, click on the three dot button on the right next to the path bar. Here you can access the Recycle bin of a data room and the command Permissions to add users to you data room:
Detail view of a file
The Detail view for a file is displayed if you click on the filename directly or by doubleclicking the corrsponding row of a file.
In the detail view you can fid a preview (for images, videos and PDF files) and you can access the comments of a file.