This article describes how to safely end your current session in the DRACOON Web App by logging out of it. This means that the next time you use the DRACOON Web App, you must first log in and enter your DRACOON credentials (username and password) again.
You will also learn how to control your DRACOON sessions that are currently active on any devices and web browsers and how to terminate them securely and remotely if necessary.
Topics of this article
Log out of the current session of the DRACOON Web App
If you have finished your work with the DRACOON Web App and want to end the current session there and log out safely, proceed as follows:
- Click your profile picture in the top right corner of the DRACOON Web App.
- In the menu that appears, click Log out.
If you only close the browser window of the DRACOON Web App without logging out first, the next time you open the DRACOON Web App in the same browser, your previous session will be automatically restored (without the need to enter your login data) provided that this was not longer than 2 hours ago. If you share the same browser with several people, you should therefore log out securely after each session as described above.
Log out remotely of a DRACOON session on another device or web browser
You can be logged into DRACOON with multiple sessions at the same time—both on several devices (example: You use the DRACOON Web App on both a laptop and a tablet) and with different DRACOON clients (example: You use both the DRACOON Web App and DRACOON for Windows on your laptop).
If you want to control which DRACOON sessions of yours are active where and, if necessary, terminate a session remotely, proceed as follows:
- In the DRACOON Web App, click your profile picture in the upper right corner and then Manage user account.
- Click the Security tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. In the Applications and Devices section, all clients (e.g. DRACOON for Windows/Mac or DRACOON for Teams) are listed with which you are currently logged in to DRACOON—with the exception of the DRACOON Web App. The Device Name column shows the device used (if it can be determined). In the Recent Activity column, you can see when you last actively used this session.
In the Web browser section, you can see all your running sessions of the DRACOON Web App with the respective browser used.
- If you want to safely terminate one of the listed sessions (e.g. because you no longer have access to one of the listed devices), click the Logout button in the respective line (the button becomes visible when you point the mouse at an item). Then confirm the security prompt by clicking Logout again. You will then be securely logged out on the respective device in the respective client, and logging in there again will require re-entering the username and password.