- Previously, there was a unified DRACOON app for iPhone/iPad that was suitable for both on-premises users of DRACOON and DRACOON cloud users.
- Since November 24, 2020, a separate, special iOS app has been available for on-premises users, which is available as a separate app under the name DRACOON Server in the App Store. In the future, this app will get updates independently of the regular DRACOON app (which is now only intended for DRACOON cloud users).
- The separate DRACOON Server app was released to ensure long-term compatibility of this app with on-premises versions of DRACOON.
- The new DRACOON Server app is compatible with both the current on-premises release of DRACOON (LTS release 2019-1, version 4.12) and the next on-premises release, which will be called DRACOON Server.
- Currently, the existing DRACOON app can still be used with on-premises environments of DRACOON. In the medium term, however, only the new DRACOON Server app will work on-premises environments.
- As a result, it is required for users who have installed the previous, regular DRACOON app to switch to the new DRACOON Server app as soon as possible.
Required switch to the new DRACOON Server app for on-premises users
On-premises users currently using the DRACOON app on iPhone/iPad should remove the app now and instead install the new DRACOON Server app specifically for on-premises users, as the current DRACOON app will no longer be compatible with DRACOON Server in the medium term and will therefore no longer be able to connect to DRACOON on-premises environments.
Or, scan this QR code with your iPhone or iPad: