- Connection to DRACOON is only possible with NetApp StorageGRID Version 11.1 or later.
- The S3 Object Storage must be publicly accessible over the Internet to be used with DRACOON.
Settings in NetApp StorageGRID Webscale
- To integrate the S3 storage NetApp® StorageGRID® Webscale into your DRACOON, a bucket must first be created in the desired region:
- To do this, create a new bucket in the web interface of your StorageGrid by clicking Create Bucket with a desired, unique name and in the region you want.
- At the bottom of the dialog box, you can select whether to enable the Compliance option for this bucket.
If this option is enabled, the objects are held in the bucket for a specified amount of time.
- Afterward, the Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) must be configured:
Enter the following configuration in the text field, replace YOUR_URL with the URL of your DRACOON instance, and then save it by clicking Save:
<CORSConfiguration> <CORSRule> <AllowedOrigin>https://YOUR_URL</AllowedOrigin> <AllowedMethod>PUT</AllowedMethod> <AllowedMethod>POST</AllowedMethod> <AllowedMethod>GET</AllowedMethod> <AllowedMethod>DELETE</AllowedMethod> <AllowedHeader>*</AllowedHeader> <ExposeHeader>ETag</ExposeHeader> <MaxAgeSeconds>3000</MaxAgeSeconds> </CORSRule> </CORSConfiguration>
- Verify that the URL of your DRACOON environment is correctly entered in the NetApp® StorageGRID® Webscale configuration to allow S3 virtual hosted-style requests to succeed. In Webscale management, go to Configuration > Domain Names and specify the address of your DRACOON environment under Endpoint Domain Names.
Please note that the S3 bucket must not be specified here, only the Internet domain of your DRACOON environment.
- To allow your DRACOON to access the S3 storage, you must create corresponding credentials:
You can assign a limited lifetime to the Access Key or decide not to specify an expiration date.
- When saving the Access Key, the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key are displayed once.
IMPORTANT: This is the only time when you can view the keys. It is therefore essential that you save it here, e.g. by clicking Download.
The settings in StorageGRID Webscale are now finished and S3 can be configured in DRACOON.
Settings in DRACOON
You must own the Configuration Manager role to specify the following settings.
- Log in to the DRACOON Web App, click Settings > Storage, and then click the Add button next to S3 storage.
- Enter the URL of your S3 endpoint.
- Enter the Access Key and Secret Key that you saved in step 6 above.
- Enter the region of your bucket as specified in step 3 above.
- Finally, enter the name of your bucket (which was also specified in step 3 above) and click Save.