Release date: November 4, 2021
About this release
Version 4.8.1 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac fixes several issues that could occur with previous versions.
No restart of the PC is required after installing this update.
The update to this version is highly recommended for all users of DRACOON for Windows/Mac.
The following problems have been fixed in version 4.8.1 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac:
These problems only occurred in specific cases, e.g. under certain exceptional circumstances. The vast majority of users were not affected.
- DRACOON for Windows (version 4.8 only) quit unexpectedly after startup if a specific drive letter was set for a connection.
- Opening Office documents could be unexpectedly slow in DRACOON for Windows/Mac (version 4.8 only).
- The file locking mechanism of Word and Excel did not work under DRACOON for Mac under certain circumstances.
- If an invalid server URL was specified for the drive connection in DRACOON for Windows, DRACOON for Windows quit unexpectedly.
- After using the "Open with DRACOON App" command in the DRACOON Web App, a message might appear that the user account was temporarily locked due to a failed login. The problem could occur only with local DRACOON user accounts (not when authenticating via Active Directory or OpenID Connect).
- After using the "Open with DRACOON App" command in the DRACOON Web App, Active Directory was always preset as authentication method in the new connection dialog if a drive connection did not exist yet.
Article is closed for comments.