Release date: October 7, 2020
About this release
Version 4.2.5 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac now extends file locking support for Microsoft Visio files and also contains some bug fixes.
With this version for the first time, no restart of the PC is required after installing the update.
The update to this version is recommended for all users of DRACOON for Windows/Mac.
Support for S3 direct upload
In version 4.2.5, DRACOON for Windows/Mac now supports S3 direct upload (for the DRACOON cloud). If S3 storage is connected to DRACOON, files are now uploaded directly to the S3 storage without the need to go through the DRACOON storage first.
File locking for Visio files
In version 4.2.5 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac, file locking is now also supported for Microsoft Visio files (previously only Word and Excel files).
File locking is disabled by default. If desired, it can be enabled under Preferences > Connection > Lock Files.
Please note that the permission Delete files/folders in the respective data room is required for file locking to work.
The following problems were fixed in version 4.2.5 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac:
Most of these problems only occurred in specific cases, e.g. under certain exceptional circumstances. The vast majority of users were not affected.
- When trying to upload files to DRACOON, 0 KB files are generated.
- File Explorer (Windows) does not react for about 30 seconds.
- Microsoft Office documents may not open if synchronization is disabled.
- Creating new Office documents from the File Explorer fails if synchronization is disabled.
- If a new folder is created in the left sidebar of the File Explorer (using the "New" command in the shortcut menu of the DRACOON drive), a temporary synchronization problem may occur. The problem did not occur when the folder was created in the right pane of File Explorer.
- The synchronization will not continue if DRACOON for Windows encounters a deleted OneNote file.