Release date: September 3, 2020
About this release
Version 4.1.2 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac contains the final conversion of the login to OAuth as well as several bug fixes.
The update to this version is recommended for all users of DRACOON for Windows/Mac.
Please note: After installing the update, the PC must be restarted.
Final switch of the login to OAuth with automatic migration of all existing bookmarks
Until now there were two supported login methods in DRACOON for Windows/Mac:
- Login via OAuth (modern method)
- Login via X-SDS-Auth token (legacy method)
With the current version 4.1.2, only the login via OAuth is supported in DRACOON for Windows/Mac. All existing bookmarks that still use the legacy login method will be automatically switched to OAuth after the installation of version 4.1.2—in this case, the users have to enter their login data once again.
The following problems were fixed in version 4.1.2 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac:
Most of these problems only occurred in specific cases, e.g. under certain exceptional circumstances. The vast majority of users were not affected.
- Folder contents may not be displayed at all or only with a delay.
- DRACOON for Mac may not be able to open or upload files.
- Files are displayed with a size of 0 KB and cannot be synchronized, because they cannot be moved to the cache folder.
- The synchronization under DRACOON for Windows may be interrupted if you navigate to another folder during the synchronization. Unsynchronized items will get a red X icon.
- Uploading a new file created in Microsoft Word might fail.
- File locking does not work for Excel files that contain macros (.xlsm)
- If a share was created in DRACOON for Mac with the password protection checkbox selected and no password specified, the share was created without password protection.