To use WebDAV clients with DRACOON, the following requirements must be met:
- DRACOON Pro or DRACOON Premium
- An operating system with an integrated WebDAV feature or an appropriate WebDAV client software
- Authentication at DRACOON must be done as a local DRACOON user, with a DRACOON username and password; if the user authenticates at DRACOON via a OpenID Connect provider, WebDAV cannot be used.
Depending on the implementation of the WebDAV protocol in a corresponding client, some restrictions – which DRACOON cannot influence – can apply. The most common of these restrictions are:
- Spaces in file and folder names are not supported
- Path lengths can be no longer than 256 characters
Additionally, due to restrictions of the WebDAV protocol, access to encrypted data rooms is not possible.