Release date: October 27, 2023
About this release
Version 4.15 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac offers support for virus protection in DRACOON, more security through stronger encrypted decryption passwords, a simplified installation of future updates on the Mac, and bug fixes.
A restart of the PC might be required after installing this update.
The update to this version is recommended for all users of DRACOON for Windows/Mac.
Version 4.15 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac offers the following improvements:
- Users' personal decryption passwords are now even more strongly encrypted to make successful brute force attacks even less likely.
- Future updates for DRACOON for Mac will now be downloaded automatically in the background and installed automatically after quitting DRACOON for Mac. If the DRACOON app is not closed for a week, a message appears indicating that an update is ready for installation.
The following problems have been fixed in version 4.15 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac:
These problems only occurred in specific cases, e.g. under certain exceptional circumstances. The vast majority of users were not affected.
- DRACOON for Windows: When trying to copy a file or folder whose filename begins with a hyphen to the DRACOON drive, a misleading error message was displayed.
- DRACOON for Mac: When synchronization was switched off, presentations from Keynote could not be saved as a package file.
- DRACOON for Mac: When synchronization was switched off, an interruption message could be displayed for the Finder app during longer processes.