The following restrictions apply to file names, folder names, and data room names in DRACOON:
- Maximum length: 150 characters
The maximum length of 150 characters applies per single file/folder/room name and therefore does not apply to the entire path of an item (the complete folder structure), which may be longer than 150 characters.
- Not allowed characters: <>:\|?*/
- Names must not end with a period.
Example: Folder name Graphics, photos etc.
This limitation exists because Windows does not support folder names that end with a period.
- Names must not begin with a hyphen.
- Not allowed names: CON, PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, LPT9
Example: File name CON.txt
This restriction exists because these names are reserved in Windows as internal device names and therefore cannot be used for folder and file names.
If you enter a file, folder, or room name in DRACOON that violates any of the above rules, DRACOON will display a corresponding error message.